Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

Words for 2011. I tried to pick just one T, but couldn't.
  • Compassion
  • Simplify
  • Grow
  • Lead
  • Give
You should decorate in 3's or 5's...great little advice from my momma.

So I'm shooting for 5.

This year, I'm aiming for compassion (a feeling of distress and pity for the suffering or misfortune of another, often including the desire to alleviate it) I'm thinking if we all had a little more compassion, our world would change a bit.

I need to simplify my life (to make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier). This means, buying less. Getting rid of more. And using what I have. To be simple, resourceful.

Grow! (the act or process, or a manner of growing; development; gradual increase) No, not my waistline...but to grow in learning...expanding my mind. Photography. Yoga. Read more. Write more. Spiritually.

Lead (to influence or induce; cause) eeek!  Not sure why I picked this one, but I did. I think because I'm trying (really hard) to be a good example (mainly for lulu). And if lead means making my girlfriends get crazy on a random Friday night or to lead a group at my church, so be it! Lead.

Give! (to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation)  This is a BIG one for me...since I'm one of the most selfish people, and by selfish I mean, the meanest person Coaster Boy knows! So I plan to give more. Whether it be my time or my Costco pizza to the homeless man. I will give more. I will try.

Happy New Year Chickens.

1.11.11!


3 comments:

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

LOVE all five and you. Happy New Year! I hope this year brings a Blalock baby bump :)

Anonymous said...

What a great list. My word for the year is Cultivate. Trust me it was hard to narrow it down, but it pretty much says it all.

Jocelyn said...

happy new year! hope it brings a baby!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin