Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weekend Craft (With Instructions!)

I thought this would take no time at all.

Cut, glue, stick...cut, glue, stick. Three hours later...whhaaalaaa.

I do love it.

I just need to purchase smaller balls.


A little crafty ornament tutorial.
Step 1: Supplies
1. Felt sheets (I picked purple, red and blue)
2. Styrofoam balls (any size, I prefer the 2 inchers)
3. Ribbon
4. Scissors
5. Glue Gun
All materials purchased at Michaels for $12!

Step 2: Outline
Use chalk to outline a flower shape. (I free hand this part but this makes it easier for kids to cut out the shapes)

Step 3: Cut
I cut out three sheets of flowers! The bigger balls require more flowers.
Step 4: Glue
I glue the ribbon directly to the ball and wrap the ball with the scraps of the flower cut outs...this makes it easier to glue.

Step 5: Time to Fold
Fold the flower in half, then fold in half again.
 
Step 6: Cut again

Cut the bottom point off the flower (this is where you will glue)


Step 6: Glue flowers to ball!


Almost done!!


Love em. Plan on making a ton more!
The 2 inch balls only took me an hour...which was far better than the three incher!

Craft away my dears.


8 comments:

Diana Smith said...

cute!!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Smaller balls.

meg duerksen said...

what are those little shapes? felt flowers? i think my kids would LOVE that.

Settled said...

Oh sister this is super cute! Hmmm, it would sure look great on our tree. :) Can't wait to be there soon! We just looked at the weather forcast, no snow. Oh well! :) It was worth a try!

Brieanne said...

SO cute!! What I wouldn't give for three hours to craft!! Hope you guys are having a super fun
Christmas!!! XOXO

Shawna said...

Adorable. Where's the tutorial? And, can I just say that I am dying that THE Meg Duerksen commented on your blog? I adore her blog and kinda think of her as a celebrity. Love it.

Meghan said...

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed when I saw her name! Made my day. Meg, you are loved!

Tutorial is now on the blog :)

Merry Merry!

Shaina said...

Darling, and I agree with Brieanne - if I only had 3 hours to craft the things I could make...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin