Friday, November 19, 2010

Dear Meg

You might be the funniest person I know and you might also be the messiest person I know...and these are just some of the reasons why I feel lucky to have you in my life and why I love you so much.  I have no doubt that this journey we've started will be the toughest thing we do in our lives, but I want you to know how committed I am to be by your side through it all.  I will be there for support when the going is tough and there for a jump-hug we we have reason to celebrate.  No matter what, it's you and me baby, forever.

We'll make many memories and traditions over the years and probably plenty of crafty projects too.  I hope God blesses us with more children and I'm excited about that chapter of our lives.  I say that with ease because I already know that you are a fantastic mother, Ari is living proof of that.  Thank you for making her such a great little (not for long) person with such a great heart, smile, and laugh...she definitely takes after her mother.

I know you better than you know yourself sometimes and I love that.  I love making you snort when you laugh and being the only one in the room that knows exactly what you mean when you say something in your own Meg Language (tomato, banana).  I also love that I get to be there for you no matter what life throws at us.

You are my  best friend and know me even better than I know myself sometimes, even if I have a hard time admitting that.  Thank you for keeping me grounded and pushing me when I need it.  Thank you for always listening and for making me laugh with ease.

I pledge to wake every day trying be a better husband and a better best friend than the days before.  I pledge to continue to learn more about you and share everything about me.  I pledge to put your needs before mine

You are worth any fight.  I love you.

Z

P.S.-Sorry for hacking your blog, I needed the element of surprise, even though I know you hate surprises :)

5 comments:

lindsay said...

so beautiful and a little teary eyed over here. i love the love that you two have for each other. it is so wonderful ♥

Meghan said...

Zebediah Jack! how did you?!?!? oh wait...i have the same password for everything. Nice work...I LOVE this surprise. I love you. I'm so glad we did the LOVE DARE. :)
mucho mucho.
your wifey

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

OMG! Cutest thing ever!

Settled said...

Love it Zebidiah Jack!!! Teary here too! You are a wonderful person and I am so glad to call you brother in law!! Love you words to my little sister!!

Love you both,
Steph

Love-Wallace Family said...

You are both awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin