Monday, August 16, 2010

MOH Speach # 2, by Heather Conniff

I am Meghan’s Sister of the Law.
If there’s one thing to know about her, she loves her Meemaw.
We met many, many years ago at Leota Junior High.
At the time, I had no idea we’d be family one day, eating many dinners together which often seem to include Thai.
I think it’s appropriate to say that there are too many attributes to mention in which this special bride brings to my life.
To simply name a few, she’s warm hearted, spontaneous, a good listener, and I’m more than positive that she’ll be a good wife.
Did you know that Microsoft Outlook flagged both of our work accounts for sending each other so many notes?
We have a tendency to chat throughout the day via email, but truthfully we’re just discussing the latest trends on totes and coats.
My friend Meghan has mastered the yoga style.
But I dare you, ask her when was the last time that she ran a mile.
I knew you’d be a stunner on your wedding day,
With or without all of these stacks of hay!
You love the Lord more than most people know
It’s always been so much fun to hear your spiritual thoughts evolve and grow
You really are the most organized and efficient Executive Assistant ever,
Laurent – you may not contact her while she’s enjoying her honeymoon, whatsoever. (never)
Our travels together have taken us from the hilarious awards dinners in Cabo to our multiple trips to Vegas to the beaches of the outer banks.
I love how much you enjoy food, but I’d really hate to know all the beverages that we’ve drank.
This poem would not be complete if I did not mention a few things that come to mind when I think of you.
Forever 21, flordeli, eyeball tridguems, fedoras, bangles galore, thick hair, coffee creamer, your gift of working the grill, the boss, blue moon, your quick stint to Central, and your prized possession little lulu.
Fortunately for us, Ari is simply an extension of her mother.
I’m certain that she wouldn’t mind having a sister or a brother.
How blessed is Meghan, that God chose her to be with Ari forever.
Ari is so smart, beautiful, thoughtful, outgoing and quit clever.
Zeb, you complete Meghan and Ari’s family – you truly are the perfect addition to their pose
AND, thank you for never being bossy.
I could not hand pick a better man to marry my bestie Meg
You’re patient, kind, witty, adventurous, crafty, a hard worker, did I mention patient and you NEVER nag.
Sometimes our beautiful bride and I get into a tissy, but that’s why I love her, she’s my sissy.


5 comments:

Heather Conniff said...

WOW, I'd really like to meet the author of this speech - it's amazing! The way she rhymes her words is definitely not for the birds. XOXO

Meghan said...

Sorry about that sissy. you did such a great job i forgot to mention who the author was... :)
xoxoxo

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I have this on film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkqnyc35no

Suz said...

oh heather is so witty and uses really big words. love it:)

Settled said...

I am so glad I got to be around when you were creating this! You are sooo wonderfully funny, light hearted and spunky Heather Ann!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin