Thursday, January 24, 2013

Workin

Out!
A lot. Like 5 days a week.

And eating flax. And quinoa (I was calling it KEN-NO-A) I'm sure I'm not even spelling it right.

Our lives are a little different. Ok a lot. For most of you, that really know me, eating healthy wasn't my top priority. Don't get me wrong, we still have brownie bites and cookies and Cheetos in the house...
But my world is now consumed of health and helping build strong bodies and this changes things for me. It makes me want to be a better me, so I can help others become a better them. I can't help others if I'm not helping myself.
I've been so inspired, by my friends who have come to support me and by those people I don't even know that tell me they are sore and that they loved my class. Because that is what it's all about. Having people want to come to class. Want to come because they are getting their butts kicked into becoming a better them.   There are so many quotes and saying about fitness/motivation/being strong but this one really stuck out to me:






































We might hate the way our bodies look or feel. Believe me, I have been there and even today caught myself frustrated  My body is changing big time from working out so much and lifting weights. I'm getting bigger. My jeans are tighter. My jacket in my arms are tighter. Today I was so annoyed but then I realized, wait! This is a good thing, I'm not getting bigger because I'm eating horrible or not working out, its because I'm loving my body right now by being healthy. By getting stronger. We workout because we LOVE our bodies so much we want them to be healthy. We only have one body. One. No callbacks. That's it. No playbacks, no returns. One body for our entire life. So why aren't we loving them? Why aren't we treating them like they are the only thing we have in this world...our bodies are however, what enables us to live this life.  So instead of working out because we hate our bodies, let's workout because we love our bodies.

#expectmoreofthese



(photo off of facebook)

1 comment:

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

I love this! Thank you for a little Monday motivation...and some perspective. We need these bodies to chase after our kids...and our grandkids! Keep up the good work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin