Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MOH Speech #3 by Suzanne Hart

Meg and I first met in Junior High on the square dancing line
In her Bongo gear, she was really fine
We connected instantly
Laughs, giggles, and those gooey Leota cookies
Our friendship blossomed in our high school years
Especially when I had my faith fears
She helped me find my relationship with the Lord
My best friend led me to the greatest reward
Your purple neon and cheerleading gear
Those underclassman girls knew you were to fear!
My dad was right when he said God blessed me with a life-long best friend
My girl soul mate, always up with the latest trends
My heart hurt when you were off to AZ
To explore, find yourself and party with the KKG!
We wrote to each other several letters from 1999 to 2003
All kept within the same journal for no one else to see
Documented were our dreams, wishes, fears and college stories
Oh yes, it is quite the inventory!
In one entry you wrote about this frat boy named Zeb
With hoop earrings attached to his head
On a coaster he asked you out
But God had a plan for you to find Zeb again on a different route
Then came Ari, the sweetest and greatest girl
She’s brought joy to our lives and world
Ari’s so remarkable because of you
I’m so proud of you as a mom, I love me some Meme and Lulu!
We travelled far and met in Spain
Where all the locals thought us two blondes were lame
“Me gusta chocolate ice cream per favor?”
Our broken Spanglish was to die for
Fast forward to a few years later
What the future to hold, you weren’t so sure
We spent time exploring different spots in Kirkland
Redhook movie nights, M’s games, you were sure to find a man
Little did you know Zeb would peek his head in
At all of these random spots, your new life was to begin
Artistic, Crazy, and Fun
Honest and caring, someone I can ALWAYS count on
You deserve all of this, happiness and joy
You are my BF forever, oh we have so much more to enjoy!
Love you Meggy,
xo Suzy
 
These shots were taken while Suzy and I waited for groomsman TJ to come jump her dead car battery after the rehearsal dinner.  Her battery died because I made her run her AC so all my candy wouldn't melt. Oh the things she does for me!!
xoxox

5 comments:

Suz said...

xoxo

This is where the notorious bug bites began folks! :)

love you long time

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Hahaha. YOu two crack me up.

Heather Conniff said...

LOVE it! I didn't know she was running the AC the entire team - she is a really good friend. Love u both. XOXO

Unknown said...

So cute! I miss those gooey Leota Jr. High cookies...those were the best and I forgot about the purple neon!

Settled said...

Oh Suzy!! You are simply the best! I would never have left my car running! That is why Meg has you! :) You are beautiful and would do anything for your Meghan! Love it and the speech. I especially loved the laughter and tears over the letter writing session.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin