Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Great Post

I was just sitting here thinking about Ari...and how tall she looked this morning. I swear she grows an inch every night. Then I remembered how annoyed I was this morning with how messy my car ALWAYS is. The back seat is gross....my poor friends, who have to sit on the crumbs, and the crusted up nuggets, and the dried up french fries...

AND THEN...I stumbled across this little gem. And it made me happy. Because being a mom is, yes...a lot of work. But so very worth it. And often times really funny. And when you get "mail" on your bed from your little 6 year old telling you that "you are prity" it's all worth it.

FROM a LIL Bee:
Thursday, October 22, 2009


Ten Things I Learned From My Children That I Didn't Even Know I Needed To Know

1. Cornstarch is the only thing that removes Vaseline from children's hair.
2. It is not necessary to go to the emergency room when your children swallow coins.
3. Regardless of the $27,987 worth of toys that you own, they will fight over a rubber band from the asparagus.
4. Your oldest daughter will get up to refill your wine/beer under the pretense that she's "playing waitress".
5. Your boobs will resemble cake decorating bags after breastfeeding collectively for 23 months. And no one will even say thank you.
6. I have cleaned up poop from the bathtub more times that I ever thought humanly possible.
7. While you are attempting to try on clothes, one child will escape under the dressing room door while the other one loudly exclaims, "Your butt is eating your underwear!"
8. You will spend four hours baking a birthday cake complete with special buttercream frosting FROM SCRATCH for your one year old and he will only eat the sprinkles.
9. Go ahead and dump Cheerios, goldfish crackers, milk, juice, diapers, socks, Polly Pockets and homework papers in the backseat of your car because that's how it will look for the next five years.
10. I love those little wild things more than I have ever loved anything in my whole life. And for that, I thank them. Always.



4 comments:

the NEO-traditionalist said...

This is the sweetest thing I've ever read! So makes me want to have babies...uh oh...
Good luck on the continued dress search! You'll find the perfect gown, it's just a matter of time!
XX Kate

Brieanne said...

Sweet!! I was wondering what your 'mail' was last night :) What a lucky momma!

Amanda Correa said...

Love, love this post! How sweet, and beautiful, your little girl is. Also, love the list...cracked me up, and oh, how true it is! One more thing too, your family pictures are great! It looks like you all have so much fun together, and what a beautiful life you are going to have...congrats on you wedding coming up!

Unknown said...

I love it. I love all 10 things and they are so so so true. The best part of being a mom is checking in on them when they are sleeping, I swear I could just look at them for hours. This was a good post. PS. My car looks like that too. It's disgusting, but oh well......life's too short to sweat the small stuff. I gave up on trying to loook perfect, have a perfectly clean house, clean car and perfect yard. I'd rather spend my free time watching DVR'd shows.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin